How to get a smart card
There are separate procedures for issuing a new Student Identity Card depending on the scenario:
Department Change[edit | edit source]
If you have obtained a department change, or if you have chosen your M.Tech specialty (only applicable to Dual Degree students), then there is no charge for getting your new Smart Card with your new roll number on it. To do so, you must visit the Academic Section at the prescribed times as mentioned in the emails and the institute notice board in front of room F127 in the main building.
Misplaced the Card[edit | edit source]
If you lose your smart card(misplaced/stolen), you should file an FIR immediately. This is to save you from any liability arising from misuse of the card.
- Visit the SBI Branch within the campus and ask the teller for a Pink Slip Form.
- Fill in your details and pay Rs 1000 to get the challan issued.
- Get an Application form for the issuance of Duplicate Smart Card from the Academic Section.
- Get it forwarded (signed with seal) by your Head of Department and Dean UG(/PG/RS as applicable).
- Submit the challan, the application and a xerox copy of your FIR at the Academic Section.
NOTE: The entire process takes around 2-3 days to complete.