How to get an official transcript
Official Transcript is often required for visa, research internship and MS/PhD application(s). The transcript mentions your grade for every course you have taken till date, your CGPA, SGPA and the medium of instruction. The transcript also has your photograph and is signed and stamped by either the Assistant Registrar(UGS)/Deputy Registrar(Academic).
- Obtain a form from the academic section.
- You need to submit ₹25 to the bank account of IIT Kharagpur (will be mentioned in the form obtained in step 1.). You can either transfer the money online or use the pink slips available at SBI Branch.
- Get it forwarded by your Faculty Advisor and Head of the Department.
- Submit the form along with the proof of payment (slip or printout) to the academic section.
- Transcripts can be collected the next day after 4:30 pm, or if submitted early then could be collected the same day.