How to use IITKGP DC
The IITKGP DC Hub is a private hub and inaccessible from outside the IIT Kharagpur's network. To connect to the hub, one needs a DC software. Popular choices of such softwares on different platforms are:
- Windows: DC++
- Linux: Eiskalt DC++qt, Eiskalt DC++gtk3, LinuxDC++
- macOS: Shakespeer , Mac DC++
Configuration[edit | edit source]
Once installed, type the hub IP address in quick connect box (IP can be obtained from the HHFH). If successfully connected, one should see a list of connected users along with a chat screen showing messages. However, to browse users and download anything from the server, one needs to meet the minimum share requirements (about 80-100 GB, varies). The share options are available in Preferences section.
Practices[edit | edit source]
- Always mirror the content you download
- Sharing fake files is highly discouraged, it can get you (and your wing) banned
- Mirror additional content that is not readily available (PM the user for a special download slot)
- In case of Windows system, keep all firewalls off.