Moodle is a Course Management System (CMS), used to create online courses for Professors and students to achieve learning goals. Moodle is an acronym for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment. It allows for a focus on interaction and collaborative construction of content.
Overview[edit | edit source]
There are at least 4 different moodle platforms in IIT Kharagpur, maintained by different departments or bodies.
- http://10.57.2.100/moodle - general website for IIT Kharagpur.
- https://10.5.18.110/moodle - maintained by department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE).
- http://10.35.32.20/moodle - maintained by Center of Educational Technology (CET).
- http://10.57.2.200/moodle/ - maintained by National Mission on Education through Information Communication Technology (NMEICT).
- http://10.11.51.111/moodle/- moodle site for thermodynamics maintained by Mech Dep
All the above mentioned platforms are hosted locally so proxy must be disabled / bypassed to access any of them. Since they are hosted on Local Area Network, they cannot be accessed via Mobile data or anywhere outside Kharagpur.
Moodle is used in the institute to build courses, keep track of attendance, assignments and grades. Assignments for courses maintained via Moodle are to be submitted online within a predetermined deadline.