Metakgp:SysAdmin/2018-03-14 Downtime due to unset variable in LocalSettings.php
- User:Amrav reported the downtime on Slack at 15:33 GMT+5.5.
- Wiki was fixed and back online at 16:20 GMT+5.5
Changes made by: User:Icyflame
The configuration variable $wgMFDefaultSkinClass was not set inside mediawiki/LocalSettings.php
Steps to the solution[edit source]
- Set the variable $wgShowExceptionDetails to true inside mediawiki/LocalSettings.php; docker-compose build; Pull down all containers; Remove the mediawiki_volume; Bring all the containers up
- Now, navigating to the MainPage on mobile showed the error. This error clearly mentioned the problem with the unset variable. The error already existed on a forum
- Set the required variable in the LocalSettings.php file; build new images; bring down all the containers; remove the mediawiki volume; bring all the containers up. At this point, the issue was fixed.